Get creative, get connected and get coding with the BBC BBC MICRO: BIT go. A complete set containing all the parts and inspirational ideas to get started with the BBC MICRO: BIT. Each BBC MICRO: BIT go contains 1x BBC MICRO: BIT, USB cable, battery holder and 2x AAA batteries along with a Quick Start Guide featuring 4 fun ideas all in a retail ready pack. The BBC MICRO: BIT go is the quickest and easiest way for children to get going with the BBC MICRO: BIT. The BBC MICRO: BIT is a pocket-sized computer that you can code, customize and control to bring your digital ideas, games and apps to life. Measuring 4cm by 5cm, and designed to be fun and easy to use, users can create anything from games and animations to scrolling stories at school, at home and on the go - all you need is imagination and creativity. The BBC MICRO: BIT is completely programmable. That means each of its LEDs can be individually programmed as can its buttons, inputs and outputs, accelerometer, magnetometer and Bluetooth Smart Technology.
How does it work:
The device features 25 LED lights and two programmable buttons, which can be used in game-play or to skip through tracks in a playlist. It also features an onboard compass to track the direction of the wearer. Each micro: bit comes with a USB, cable and battery holder.
How many programs can a micro: bit run at a time?
But the micro: bit only has one CPU for executing your program, which means it can only execute one program instruction at a time.
Does a micro: bit have a memory?
The micro: bit has 256 kB flash memory and 16 KB random access memory (RAM). Flash memory is non-volatile, which essentially means that data is not forgotten when the device is powered off, this is the technology that many USB sticks use.
- Stock: Out Of Stock
- Model: BBC MICRO:BIT
- Weight: 10.00g
- Microprocessor: 32-bit ARM Cortex M0 CPU, Micro-USB controller: This is controlled by a separate processor and presents the BBC MICRO: BIT to a computer as a memory stick
- A 5x5 LED matrix with 25 red LEDs to light up and can display animated patterns, scrolling text and alphanumeric characters, Bluetooth Smart Technology.
- Two programmable buttons. Use them as a games controller, or control music on a smartphone, 20 pin edge connector
- The on-board motion detector or 3-AXIS digital accelerometer can detect movement e.g. shake, tilt or free-fall
- A built-in compass, a 3D magnetometer to sense which direction you're facing and your movement in degrees and detect the presence of certain metals and magnets